Why You Should Make Homemade Orange Peel Cleaner
Homemade orange peel cleaner is a great natural cleaning solution that offers a number of benefits. First, it is easy and inexpensive to make using simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. This makes it a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to many store-bought cleaning products that can be harsh and full of chemicals. Additionally, the natural oils in orange peels offer a fresh, pleasant scent that will freshen up your home. Finally, because it is a natural product, orange peel cleaner is gentle on surfaces, making it a safe and effective solution for cleaning a wide range of household surfaces without causing damage or leaving behind harmful residue.
How To Use Your Homemade Orange Peel Cleaner
Homemade orange peel cleaner can be used in a variety of ways around the house. Here are some of our favorite ways to use it:
All-purpose cleaner: Use the orange peel cleaner to clean kitchen countertops, bathroom surfaces, and other areas of the home that need a good cleaning. Simply spray the cleaner on the surface, let it sit for a few minutes, and wipe it off with a clean cloth.
Glass cleaner: Use the orange peel cleaner to clean windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces. Simply spray the cleaner on the glass, wipe it off with a clean cloth or paper towel, and enjoy a streak-free shine.
Floor cleaner: Add the orange peel cleaner to a bucket of warm water and use it to mop tile or linoleum floors. The natural cleaning properties of the orange peels will help to remove dirt and grime, leaving your floors looking and smelling fresh.
Air freshener: Spray the orange peel cleaner in the air or on fabric surfaces, like curtains or upholstery, to give your home a fresh, citrusy scent.
Homemade Orange Peel Cleaner
- 1 quart mason jar with lid
- Spray bottle
- Orange peels from about 2-3 oranges
- White vinegar
- Eat or juice the oranges and save the peels.
- Put the orange peels into a mason jar and cover them with white vinegar.
- Close the lid and let the mixture sit for at least two weeks in a cool, dark place. You can leave it for up to a month to allow the orange peels to infuse more into the vinegar.
- After two weeks, strain the orange peels from the vinegar and discard the peels.
- Dilute the orange vinegar with equal parts of water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Your homemade orange peel cleaner is ready to use! Shake the bottle well before using it to clean surfaces around your home.