Make Your Own Homemade Coffee Liqueur
Homemade coffee liqueur (or homemade version of Kahlúa) is one of our favorite homemade liqueurs to make, and we make a lot of homemade liqueurs every year! Not only is it delicious, it’s also super easy to make year-round and much quicker than some of our other infusions. Which is a good thing, because it makes a great gift and we’re constantly running out of it. If you love coffee and happy hour equally, you’ll love this simple easy recipe.
It takes about a month to finish a batch of homemade coffee liqueur, and the process is simple as can be, using ingredients you probably have at home already. We prefer to use Espresso beans for our liqueur, but any dark & bold coffee will work fine.
We like to sip our homemade coffee liqueur over ice, or with a generous splash of milk or cream to make our own version of a White Russian. Enjoy!
- 1 cup finely ground espresso beans or other bold coffee
- 3 cups vodka
- 3 cups water boiled & cooled
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 T Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Boil water
- Grind coffee and put it into a large glass jar that can hold at least 8 cups of liquid (a half-gallon mason jar works perfectly)
- Add boiled water and sugar
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
- When cool, add vanilla extract and vodka.
- Let the mixture rest for a month, stirring weekly.
- Strain through a coffee filter into another glass jar. Repeat several times.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Once your coffee liqueur is finished, you can bottle it to share with friends and family. Grab some of our customizable coffee liqueur labels to put the finishing touches on your liqueur.